- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Mary S. Zerbe 70, Lititz resident, Akron COB member
Mary S. (Zell) Zerbe, 70, Lititz, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Essa Flory.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Melvin K. and Angela (Kerschner) Zell.
Mary was a woman who loved life and her family, especially her great-grandson. She enjoyed going to restaurants and eating out. She was a member of Akron Church of the Brethren.
Mary is survived by four daughters: Carolyn Rhoades, fiancÃ© of Dennis Metcalf of Lancaster; Andrea Mathis and her husband Robert of Clay; Kathleen Martin and her husband Keith of Reinholds; and Karen Beiler and her husband David of New Holland; one son, John Zerbe of Clay; thirteen grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers: Guy and Ken Zell; and two sisters: Marti Zimmerman and Helen Keith.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Newton Zell.
Services were held Jan. 9 at Akron Church of the Brethren, with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Burial took place in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Akron. Flowers are appreciated; memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To place a condolence online, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.