- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Mary S. Zerbe 70, Lititz resident, Akron COB member
Mary S. (Zell) Zerbe, 70, Lititz, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Essa Flory.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Melvin K. and Angela (Kerschner) Zell.
Mary was a woman who loved life and her family, especially her great-grandson. She enjoyed going to restaurants and eating out. She was a member of Akron Church of the Brethren.
Mary is survived by four daughters: Carolyn Rhoades, fiancÃ© of Dennis Metcalf of Lancaster; Andrea Mathis and her husband Robert of Clay; Kathleen Martin and her husband Keith of Reinholds; and Karen Beiler and her husband David of New Holland; one son, John Zerbe of Clay; thirteen grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers: Guy and Ken Zell; and two sisters: Marti Zimmerman and Helen Keith.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Newton Zell.
Services were held Jan. 9 at Akron Church of the Brethren, with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Burial took place in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Akron. Flowers are appreciated; memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To place a condolence online, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.