- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Mary S. Zerbe 70, Lititz resident, Akron COB member
Mary S. (Zell) Zerbe, 70, Lititz, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Essa Flory.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Melvin K. and Angela (Kerschner) Zell.
Mary was a woman who loved life and her family, especially her great-grandson. She enjoyed going to restaurants and eating out. She was a member of Akron Church of the Brethren.
Mary is survived by four daughters: Carolyn Rhoades, fiancÃ© of Dennis Metcalf of Lancaster; Andrea Mathis and her husband Robert of Clay; Kathleen Martin and her husband Keith of Reinholds; and Karen Beiler and her husband David of New Holland; one son, John Zerbe of Clay; thirteen grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers: Guy and Ken Zell; and two sisters: Marti Zimmerman and Helen Keith.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Newton Zell.
Services were held Jan. 9 at Akron Church of the Brethren, with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Burial took place in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Akron. Flowers are appreciated; memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To place a condolence online, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.