- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mary S. Zerbe 70, Lititz resident, Akron COB member
Mary S. (Zell) Zerbe, 70, Lititz, passed away peacefully Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Essa Flory.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Melvin K. and Angela (Kerschner) Zell.
Mary was a woman who loved life and her family, especially her great-grandson. She enjoyed going to restaurants and eating out. She was a member of Akron Church of the Brethren.
Mary is survived by four daughters: Carolyn Rhoades, fiancÃ© of Dennis Metcalf of Lancaster; Andrea Mathis and her husband Robert of Clay; Kathleen Martin and her husband Keith of Reinholds; and Karen Beiler and her husband David of New Holland; one son, John Zerbe of Clay; thirteen grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers: Guy and Ken Zell; and two sisters: Marti Zimmerman and Helen Keith.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Newton Zell.
Services were held Jan. 9 at Akron Church of the Brethren, with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Burial took place in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Akron. Flowers are appreciated; memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To place a condolence online, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.