- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mary R. Gehman 97, Moravian Manor resident, worked at Bollman Hat Co.
Mary R. Gehman, 97, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, at Moravian Manor, Lititz.
She was born in Fivepointville to the late Edward and Kathryn (Shober) Roth and was the wife of the late Carl D. Gehman, who passed away in 1984.
Mary was a member of Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, Denver, where she was active with the Lutheran Church Women and served as past president and secretary. She was also a charter member of the Adamstown Woman’s Club, a member of the Order of Eastern Star and P.O. of A. in Adamstown.
Mary worked as a sewing machine operator for Bollman Hat Company for over 25 years, Adamstown Hat Company and Zeimer’s General Store in Adamstown.
Mary is survived by two children: Carl R., husband of Karen E. Gehman of Ephrata; M. Joanne, wife of John W. Bigony of Ephrata; four grandchildren: Richard, husband of Roxanne Gehman; Timothy, husband of Tina Gehman; James, husband of Shawnna Gehman; and Kathy Sheaffer; six great-grandchildren: Katie, wife of David Burke; Daniel and Matthew Sheaffer, Zachary, Ava and Olivia Gehman; and two step great great grandchildren: Joshua and Emily Burke.
In addition to her husband and parents, Mary was preceded in death by two grandchildren: Kristin and David Bigony; four sisters: Carrie Reddig, Elizabeth Weber, Helen Schonour and Kathryn Burkhart; and three brothers: Reuben, William and Edward Roth.
Services will private at the convenience of the family. Interment will take place in the Cedar Grove Cemetery, Adamstown.
Memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, 11 South Muddy Creek Road, Denver, PA 17517.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.