- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mary M. Rosenfeld85, former Manheim resident
Mary M. Guthrie Rosenfeld, 85, formerly of Manheim, passed peacefully and went home to be with her Lord Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 at the Mennonite Home, Lancaster.
Born in Mount Joy, she was the daughter of the late Henry and Elizabeth Fietz Cornies. She was the wife of the late George H. Rosenfeld, who died in 1998. Her first husband was the late Ray Guthrie Sr., who died in 1980.
Mary was employed by the former Apparel Manufacturing Company, Elizabethtown; previously she worked for numerous sewing factories throughout Lancaster County. Mary attended God’s Missionary Church, Landisville. Her interests included cooking, gospel music and spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Surviving are a son: Ray Jr., husband of Gloria Guthrie, of Ephrata; two daughters: Linda M., wife of Howard Stalnecker Jr., of Maytown; and Ruth Ann, wife of Clayton Thomas Jr., of Marietta; 11 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a sister: Elizabeth Greenawalt, of Mount Joy.
Preceding her in death is a brother: Henry Cornies.
Her funeral service was held at the Heilig Funeral Home, Mount Joy, on Feb. 21. Interment took place in Risser’s Mennonite Cemetery, Mount Joy Township.
Those desiring may send contributions in Mary’s memory to God’s Missionary Church, 48 Holland St., Landisville, PA 17538.
To send the family online condolences, visit heiligfuneral.com.