- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Mary M. Rosenfeld85, former Manheim resident
Mary M. Guthrie Rosenfeld, 85, formerly of Manheim, passed peacefully and went home to be with her Lord Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 at the Mennonite Home, Lancaster.
Born in Mount Joy, she was the daughter of the late Henry and Elizabeth Fietz Cornies. She was the wife of the late George H. Rosenfeld, who died in 1998. Her first husband was the late Ray Guthrie Sr., who died in 1980.
Mary was employed by the former Apparel Manufacturing Company, Elizabethtown; previously she worked for numerous sewing factories throughout Lancaster County. Mary attended God’s Missionary Church, Landisville. Her interests included cooking, gospel music and spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Surviving are a son: Ray Jr., husband of Gloria Guthrie, of Ephrata; two daughters: Linda M., wife of Howard Stalnecker Jr., of Maytown; and Ruth Ann, wife of Clayton Thomas Jr., of Marietta; 11 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a sister: Elizabeth Greenawalt, of Mount Joy.
Preceding her in death is a brother: Henry Cornies.
Her funeral service was held at the Heilig Funeral Home, Mount Joy, on Feb. 21. Interment took place in Risser’s Mennonite Cemetery, Mount Joy Township.
Those desiring may send contributions in Mary’s memory to God’s Missionary Church, 48 Holland St., Landisville, PA 17538.
To send the family online condolences, visit heiligfuneral.com.