- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Mary L. Little64, Manheim resident, geriatric nurse, babysitter
Mary L. (Nordai) Little, 64, of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012 surrounded by family at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Harrisburg, she was the daughter of the late Louis and Evelyn (Arnold) Nordai. Mary was the wife of David Little, with whom with she celebrated 43 years of marriage this past Jan. 17.
Mary graduated from Central Dauphin High School and completed her nursing degree from Polyclinic Hospital of Harrisburg. She specialized in geriatric nursing at Polyclinic Hospital and West Chester Arms in West Chester. Mary enjoyed babysitting, taking care of 69 children over a 40-year period. She also enjoyed cooking and needlecraft. Mary was a member of the American Legion Auxiliary.
Surviving in addition to her husband, David, are two daughters: Kimberly A. Ruth, of Columbia; and Michele M., wife of Michael R. Bennett Jr., of Maytown; two grandchildren: Tara N. Bennett and Taylor R. Bennett; a brother: Richard Nordai, of Martin, Ga.; and a sister: Sandra K. Lins, of Manheim. She was a mentor to Alex J. Gilbert and Peyton A. Gilbert.
A funeral service was held March 5 at Sheetz Funeral Home, Mount Joy, at 7 p.m. Interment was private at Ft. Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to Masonic Home Outreach Offering, 1 Masonic Drive, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
To send an online condolence, visit sheetzfuneralhome.com.