- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Mary Jane Fitzpatrick77, nurse, award-winning quilter
Mary Jane Fitzpatrick, 77, of Lititz, was gently taken by angels Monday, Oct. 3, 2011 surrounded by her family.
Born in Pittsburgh, she was the daughter of the late Mary Amelia and Henry Dreher. She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 42 years, James Roy Fitzpatrick, in 1997.
A native of Pittsburgh, Mary Jane graduated from Oliver High School in 1952 and continued her education at South Side Nursing School, where she obtained her R.N. degree. Mary Jane worked in nursing for many years at Doylestown Hospital. She was a member of Salem Lutheran Church of Kissel Hill. Mary Jane and Roy eventually relocated to Bucks County where they raised their three children: Marjorie, Jim and Dale. They moved to Lititz in 1995. Mary Jane enjoyed quilting in which she won numerous awards, was an avid gardener of roses and was the best Christmas cookie baker.
She will be greatly missed by all her children: Marjorie Fitzpatrick, of Lafayette Hill; Jim, husband of Joyce, of Lititz; and Dale, husband of Diane, of Lititz. She also had five grandchildren who loved their grandma greatly: Matthew, Emma, Sarah, Kristi and Trevor Fitzpatrick, all of Lititz.
She is greeted in heaven by her husband; mother; father; brother: Henry; and sister: Marjorie.
Funeral services were held on Oct. 7 at Salem Lutheran Church of Kissel Hill, Lititz. Burial followed the service in the adjoining cemetery.
Contributions can be made in Mary Jane’s name to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.