- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mary E. Ziegler96, Lititz native, worked at Watt & Shand
Mary E. Ziegler, 96, of Oak Leaf Manor, Landisville, died Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
She was the wife of the late Charles L. Ziegler who died in 1981. Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Edwin W. and Mary J. Brubaker Walter.
She graduated from the former Lititz High School. Mary worked at Watt & Shand Department Store and then the Lancaster General Hospital Gift Shop. She enjoyed time with her family, traveling, crocheting and reading. Mary was of the Catholic Faith.
Mary is survived by her daughter: Mary Jo, wife of Donald F. Keim, and daughter-in-law: Barbara, wife of Robert Commerce, all of Lancaster; five grandchildren: David Keim; Patrick, husband of Kiranamayi Ronan; Gregory, husband of Christine Keim; Stephen, husband of Norma Ziegler; and William F. II, husband of Elizabeth Ziegler; and five great-grandchildren: Danielle Keim; Gabriella, Julia and Madeleine Ziegler; and Rohan Marteens.
Her children: Cynthia Bagarozza and William F. Ziegler; grandsons: Terence Ronan and Michael Ziegler; and siblings: David, Edwin and Richard Walter and Isabel Doerr preceded Mary in death.
A sharing time was held on Oct. 10 at the Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Interment will be at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions can be made to Hospice of Lancaster, County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.