- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Mary E. Kimball, 82, Lititz, St. Luke’s UCC member, collected antiques, carousel horses
Mary E. Kimball, 82, Lititz, passed away Monday, June 16, 2014 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Gordonville, she was the daughter of the late Thomas B. and Gladys (Mummaw) Snook.
She graduated from Bassick High School in 1949 where she was a member of the drama club and choir. She was recently employed by the Lancaster County Recorder of Deeds and Walter Dunlap and Son. In her spare time, she enjoyed going out to dinner with family and friends, was a collector of antiques and carousel horses, enjoyed musicals and spending time with her children and grandchildren. She was a member of St Luke’s United Church of Christ, Lititz.
She is survived by her two sons: Douglas O. Kimball (husband of Marji) and Duane E. Lee (husband of Ming); and two daughters: Holly E. Skaggs (wife of Dale) and Heather A. Keens (wife of Robert); her grandchildren; and a sister: Virginia M. Wardell.
Services were held June 20 at Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster, with Rev. Dr. James R. Haun officiating. Interment will be private at St. John’s United Methodist Church Cemetery in Paradise. Flowers are welcomed.
To leave an online condolence for the family, visit KaSnyderFuneralHome.com. Arrangements entrusted to Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster.