- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mary Carpenter Wagaman 95, secretary, writer, historical society member
Mary Carpenter Wagaman, 95, a resident of Luther Acres who also lived in Lititz since 1959, passed away Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013 at Luther Acres.
Mary was the widow of John Wilbur Wagaman, who died in 1979.
She was born in Lancaster, the daughter of the late Roy B. and Edna Klopp Carpenter. Surviving are her two sons: Mark C. Wagaman, Minnesota; Craig C. (LeeAnne) Wagaman, Lititz; six grandchildren: John, Matt, Dan, Andy, Eric and Adam; and a sister: Gladys C. Mishler, Lancaster. She was preceded in death by a son: John Jr.; and a twin sister: Ruth C. Hare.
Mary was a member of St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lititz. She was a 1935 graduate of former Stevens High School. She had been a secretary at Armstrong World Industries, Lancaster General Hospital in the Heart Clinic, Woodstream Corp. in Lititz, and at the PA Dutch Visitors Bureau.
She enjoyed writing and was a regular contributor to "I Know A Story," which was featured in the Sunday News. She was a member of the Lutheran Historical Society of Lancaster County.
Mary’s life celebration was held at the community room at Luther Acres Feb. 6. Interment was in Machpelah Cemetery in Lititz. The family met with friends at the community room.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, 200 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543; or LutherCare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To share your fondest memories of Mary, visit lifecelebration.com.