- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mary Ann Smith 73, Stouffers dietician, St. James volunteer
Mary Ann Smith, 73, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, March 18, 2012 at St. Anne’s Retirement Village in Columbia.
She was the wife of Robert E. Smith, with whom she celebrated 47 years of marriage this past June 27. Born in Waymart, she was the daughter of the late James M. and Edna Beckwith Gilhooley.
Mary Ann had worked as a dietician with Stouffers Food Corporation in their Restaurant Division and also as a dietician with the Methodist Retirement Home in Asbury Park, N.J. Her last place of employment was with the UGI Corporation of Lancaster. A very active member of St. James Catholic Church, Mary Ann was a member of the Altar Society, the Women of St. James and the Silver Liners. She also was a volunteer with the Lititz Meals On Wheels. Mary Ann was a 1960 graduate of Mansfield University, where she graduated with a bachelor of science degree in home economics and education.
She was a former president and secretary of the Lancaster County Home Economics Association and was an avid reader, sewer and sports fan.
In addition to her husband, Robert, she is survived by her three sons: Stephen R. Smith, of Lancaster; Timothy R. Smith, of Lititz; and Michael R., husband of Debra Kline-Smith of Lititz; her daughter: Maria L., wife of Paul Collier, of Dover, Delaware; and her grandchildren: Madalyn and Anna Smith.
A mass of Christian burial was held March 21 at St. James Catholic Church, Lititz. Interment took place in St. Joseph New Catholic Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Mary Ann’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 hospiceoflancaster.org or to St. Anne’s Retirement Village, 3952 Columbia Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.