- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Martha S. Trump
87, ’48 valedictorian,
Sunday school teacher
Martha S. Trump, 87, of Lititz, passed away April 17, 2013, at the Luther Acres Retirement Community.
Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Lillian (McCarty) Spayd. Martha was the loving wife of the late Rev. Paul A. Trump who died in November 2008.
Martha grew up in York and graduated from William Penn High School in 1944. She was the class valedictorian. Following high school, she attended Gettysburg College, graduating in 1948 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. While at Gettysburg, Martha met Paul Trump, who had returned to the college after serving in the Army Air Corps in World War II. They were married in 1946.
Martha and Paul, a Lutheran minister, lived in Conshohocken, Catawissa, Hummelstown, Lancaster and Brickerville, before retiring to Luther Acres. In addition to raising four children, Martha was a substitute elementary school teacher in Lancaster City. She also taught Sunday school and participated in many other church activities.
Martha is survived by four sons: Peter of Colorado Springs, Colo; James of Fairfax, Va.; John of Columbia, S.C.; and Andrew of Newtown Square; eight grandchildren: Gretchen, Savannah, Leanne, Daniel, Nathalie, Samuel, Noah, and Diana; and three great grandchildren: Allison, Kendal, and Melina.
A funeral service was held at Salem Lutheran Church on April 20 with The Rev. William Martin and The Rev. Stephen P. Verkouw officiating. Private Interment was in St. Michael’s Union Cemetery, Hamburg. Please omit flowers. Memorial contributions may be made to Water Street Ministries, P.O. Box 7267, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.