- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mark L. Richter56, avid fisherman, loved music
Mark L. Richter, 56, of Manheim, passed away Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011 at Masonic Village.
Born August 18, 1954, he was the son of Jane (Cosner) Hafer and the late Leroy W. Richter.
Mark was a member of Dela Ches Fishing Association, Elstonville Sportman’s Association, Middletown Anglers’ and Hunters’ Association and The American Legion Post 329 of Elizabethtown. He loved to be surrounded by good friends and easily made them everywhere he went. Mark was the life of the party and always had a story to tell. He enjoyed attending concerts or just sitting around listening to "good" music.
Mark took pleasure in fishing and animals held a special place in his heart, especially his dogs, Dizzy and Scrappy. Often on weekends, you could find him and his daughter cooking or watching a movie together.
Surviving are his mother and stepfather: Jane and Charles Hafer, of Elizabethtown; sisters: Deborah Shaffer, of Dickson City; and Janell Tuttle, of Annandale, Va.; brother: Roy Richter, of Loveland, Colo.; and daughter: April Richter, of Manheim.
Mark is preceded in death by his father: Leroy W. Richter.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Aug. 20, at Sell Chapel at The Masonic Village in Elizabethtown. The service will begin at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to The Mark L. Richter Memorial Fund, c/o Wells Fargo Hershey Store, 27 Ridge Road, Hershey, PA 17033.
Arrangements are being made by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania Inc.