- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Mark L. Richter56, avid fisherman, loved music
Mark L. Richter, 56, of Manheim, passed away Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011 at Masonic Village.
Born August 18, 1954, he was the son of Jane (Cosner) Hafer and the late Leroy W. Richter.
Mark was a member of Dela Ches Fishing Association, Elstonville Sportman’s Association, Middletown Anglers’ and Hunters’ Association and The American Legion Post 329 of Elizabethtown. He loved to be surrounded by good friends and easily made them everywhere he went. Mark was the life of the party and always had a story to tell. He enjoyed attending concerts or just sitting around listening to "good" music.
Mark took pleasure in fishing and animals held a special place in his heart, especially his dogs, Dizzy and Scrappy. Often on weekends, you could find him and his daughter cooking or watching a movie together.
Surviving are his mother and stepfather: Jane and Charles Hafer, of Elizabethtown; sisters: Deborah Shaffer, of Dickson City; and Janell Tuttle, of Annandale, Va.; brother: Roy Richter, of Loveland, Colo.; and daughter: April Richter, of Manheim.
Mark is preceded in death by his father: Leroy W. Richter.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Aug. 20, at Sell Chapel at The Masonic Village in Elizabethtown. The service will begin at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to The Mark L. Richter Memorial Fund, c/o Wells Fargo Hershey Store, 27 Ridge Road, Hershey, PA 17033.
Arrangements are being made by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania Inc.