- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Marilyn A. Weaver 79, Friendship and United Zion nurse
Marilyn A. Weaver, 79, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Married for 56 years, she was the wife of Jay W. Weaver. Born in Nanticoke, she was the daughter of the late Lenwood and Mary Moyer Van Orsdale.
Serving as a dedicated nurse for over 40 years at numerous facilities, including Friendship Community and United Zion Retirement Community, she was loved by her patients from Colorado to Pennsylvania. Marilyn was a devoted member of Grace Church in Lititz, where she was a Sunday school teacher. She enjoyed volunteering at the Lititz train station, spending time with her family, gardening, band competitions, basketball, and the Phillies.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by children: Kevin, husband of Sandy of Sacramento, Calif.; Lori Ann Stahl of Lititz; Jay P., husband of Sarah of Mountville; grandchildren: Tania and Teri of Lititz; Brittany and Shayla of Live Oak, Fla.; great granddaughter: Payden of Lititz; and brother: Lenwood Van Orsdale of Clarks Summit.
A memorial service was held at Grace Church on April 13. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.