- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Marilyn A. Weaver 79, Friendship and United Zion nurse
Marilyn A. Weaver, 79, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Married for 56 years, she was the wife of Jay W. Weaver. Born in Nanticoke, she was the daughter of the late Lenwood and Mary Moyer Van Orsdale.
Serving as a dedicated nurse for over 40 years at numerous facilities, including Friendship Community and United Zion Retirement Community, she was loved by her patients from Colorado to Pennsylvania. Marilyn was a devoted member of Grace Church in Lititz, where she was a Sunday school teacher. She enjoyed volunteering at the Lititz train station, spending time with her family, gardening, band competitions, basketball, and the Phillies.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by children: Kevin, husband of Sandy of Sacramento, Calif.; Lori Ann Stahl of Lititz; Jay P., husband of Sarah of Mountville; grandchildren: Tania and Teri of Lititz; Brittany and Shayla of Live Oak, Fla.; great granddaughter: Payden of Lititz; and brother: Lenwood Van Orsdale of Clarks Summit.
A memorial service was held at Grace Church on April 13. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.