- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Marie T. Geib90, homemaker, retail employee
Marie T. Geib, 90, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, March 22, 2012 at the Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy Center.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Theresa and John Shoemaker. Marie was the loving wife of Chester H. Geib. They celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary Nov. 5, 2011.
Marie was a homemaker for most of her life. She worked in retail department stores for 15 years. Marie was a member of the Elizabethtown Church of the Brethren. She enjoyed baking, gardening, craft shows and spending time with her grand/great-grandchildren.
Surviving in addition to her husband, Chester, are two daughters: Ann, wife of Donald Hostetter, of Lancaster; and Sharon, wife of Robert Smith, of Holtwood; five grandchildren: David Hostetter, Michelle Marchant, Christine Martin, Matthew Smith and Julie Scherer; and eight great-grandchildren.
Marie was preceded in death by a brother: John Shoemaker.
A funeral service was held March 27 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with Pastor Greg Davidson Laszakovits officiating. Interment was held at Riverview Burial Park.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions can be made in Marie’s name to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603 or the American Heart Association (Lancaster Chapter), 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.