- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Marie B. Summy89, started church library, Brethren Village resident
Marie B. Summy, 89, of Brethren Village, Lancaster, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Friday, April 20, 2012.
Her husband of 61 years, Abram H. Summy Jr., passed away in 2008.
Formerly of Mount Joy, Marie was a homemaker and a 1940 graduate of the former Mount Joy High School. A lifelong member of Mount Joy Church of God, she was instrumental in starting the church library. Marie enjoyed reading, knitting, crossword and jigsaw puzzles.
Born in Mount Joy, she was the daughter of the late William L. and Anna Zerphey Beamenderfer.
Marie is lovingly remembered by her brother: Robert Beamenderfer, of Elizabethtown; and nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Richard and Asher Beamenderfer.
Marie’s funeral was held at Mount Joy Church of God April 24. Interment followed in Mount Joy Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Mount Joy Church of God, Building Fund.
To give online condolences, visit sheetzfuneralhome.com.