- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Marie B. Summy89, started church library, Brethren Village resident
Marie B. Summy, 89, of Brethren Village, Lancaster, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Friday, April 20, 2012.
Her husband of 61 years, Abram H. Summy Jr., passed away in 2008.
Formerly of Mount Joy, Marie was a homemaker and a 1940 graduate of the former Mount Joy High School. A lifelong member of Mount Joy Church of God, she was instrumental in starting the church library. Marie enjoyed reading, knitting, crossword and jigsaw puzzles.
Born in Mount Joy, she was the daughter of the late William L. and Anna Zerphey Beamenderfer.
Marie is lovingly remembered by her brother: Robert Beamenderfer, of Elizabethtown; and nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Richard and Asher Beamenderfer.
Marie’s funeral was held at Mount Joy Church of God April 24. Interment followed in Mount Joy Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Mount Joy Church of God, Building Fund.
To give online condolences, visit sheetzfuneralhome.com.