- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Marian J. Unangst 71, long time employee at Dart Container, animal lover
Marian J. Unangst, 71, of Lititz, died Friday, March 28, 2014 at Hospice & Community Care, Mt.Joy.
Born in New Holland, she was the daughter of the late James and Dorothy (Pugh) Freidly.
Marian worked for 40 years at Dart Container in Leola, retiring in 2009. Prior to that she worked for a time at the former Frank Ix Silk Mill in New Holland. She enjoyed all kinds of animals, especially dogs and cats, and also enjoyed crocheting and word find puzzles.
Surviving are eight brothers and sisters: James, married to Jackie (Wolf) Freidly of Coatesville, Dorothy, married to William Rehm of Etters, Peg, married to Chet Clark of Terre Hill, Ruth, married to Merle Moyer of Akron, Helen, married to Richard Schaeffer of Lititz, Millie Zimmerman of Ephrata, Edna, married to Joe Rice of Brownstown, and Leroy, married to Dorothy (Johnson) Freidly of Fivepointville; and many nieces, nephews, great nieces, and great nephews.
A celebration of life service will be held on Friday, April 4 at 2 p.m. at the Groff-High Funeral Home, 145 W. Main St., New Holland. The family will receive friends from 1 to 2 p.m. Interment will be at the family’s convenience at the Mellinger’s Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements entrusted to Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland.