- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Maria Olivia Houck 89, Warwick Twp. tax collector
Maria Olivia (Wells) Houck, 89, of Lancaster, died Friday, Nov. 30, 2012 at Brethren Village.
Born in Reading, she was a daughter of the late Arthur G. Wells and May (Felpel) Wells. She was the wife of the late Robert E. Houck, who died in 2004.
Maria was a graduate of Reading High School. She worked as a secretary for Dunn & Bradstreet, Reading, then as a tax collector assistant for Warwick Township for 16 years, and in the administration office of Pennhurst State Hospital for 10 years.
A former active member of Mount Carmel Methodist Church, she taught Sunday school for many years.
She is survived by her son: Robert A. Houck (Shirley), Pottstown; her daughter: Anne M. (David Hourdequin), Hayesville, N.C.; a brother: Eugene Wells (Setsuko), Dale City, Va.; her sister Ellamay Stufflet, Lancaster: three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by her sisters: Rose Marie Dotterer and Kathryn Buckwalter.
Services were held Dec. 4 at Mount Carmel United Methodist Church, St. Peters, with Rev. Dennis R. Emrick officiating. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church.
Online condolences: may be given at houckgofusfuneralhome.com.