- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Margaret E. Weaver 93, Wilbur Chocolate employee, registered nurse
Margaret E. Weaver, 93, of Terre Hill, died Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012 at her home after a brief illness.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Chester D. and Hattie D. (Singer) Martin. Her husband, Donald J. Weaver, died Dec. 10, 2011.
Margaret graduated from Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing in 1941 and worked as an RN at Lancaster General Hospital in the surgical ward, Wilbur Chocolate Co., Maple Farm Nursing Home and the former Wetzler Nursing Home in Blue Ball. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, where she formerly served as treasurer of the Missionary Society, taught a children’s Sunday school class and helped with VBS. She also enjoyed quilting, counted cross-stitch, knitting, sewing, flower gardening, birds, children and dogs.
Surviving is a son: Douglas J., husband of Valarie (Gilleland) Weaver, of New Holland; a daughter: Judi Quireyns, of Holbrook, Mass.; two grandchildren: Brendan and Margaret Anne; a sister: Jane S. Kreider, of Lititz; three sister in-laws; and many nieces and nephews.
Preceding her in death is a sister: Beryl Ann Bard; a brother: Roger S. Martin; and a son-in-law: Dr. George L. Quireyns.
Funeral services were held Oct. 7 at Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, Terre Hill, with the Rev. Al Hoffman officiating. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Trinity E.C. Church, PO Box 247, Terre Hill, PA 17581, or Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com.