- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Margaret E. Weaver 93, Wilbur Chocolate employee, registered nurse
Margaret E. Weaver, 93, of Terre Hill, died Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012 at her home after a brief illness.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Chester D. and Hattie D. (Singer) Martin. Her husband, Donald J. Weaver, died Dec. 10, 2011.
Margaret graduated from Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing in 1941 and worked as an RN at Lancaster General Hospital in the surgical ward, Wilbur Chocolate Co., Maple Farm Nursing Home and the former Wetzler Nursing Home in Blue Ball. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, where she formerly served as treasurer of the Missionary Society, taught a children’s Sunday school class and helped with VBS. She also enjoyed quilting, counted cross-stitch, knitting, sewing, flower gardening, birds, children and dogs.
Surviving is a son: Douglas J., husband of Valarie (Gilleland) Weaver, of New Holland; a daughter: Judi Quireyns, of Holbrook, Mass.; two grandchildren: Brendan and Margaret Anne; a sister: Jane S. Kreider, of Lititz; three sister in-laws; and many nieces and nephews.
Preceding her in death is a sister: Beryl Ann Bard; a brother: Roger S. Martin; and a son-in-law: Dr. George L. Quireyns.
Funeral services were held Oct. 7 at Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, Terre Hill, with the Rev. Al Hoffman officiating. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Trinity E.C. Church, PO Box 247, Terre Hill, PA 17581, or Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com.