- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Margaret E. Canning101, Moravian Manor resident
Margaret E. (Berkhout) Canning, 101, went to the arms of her Lord May 23, 2012 at Moravian Manor, Lititz.
She was the wife of the late Luke W. Canning, with whom she shared 68 years of marriage, and was born in Hackensack, N.J. on Feb. 22, 1911.
She was the daughter of the late Emilie (Hannaman) and Peter C. Berkhout.
Margaret was a member of Grace United Church of Christ in Lancaster and past member of St. Anne’s and St. John Neuman’s senior groups. She worked at Permutit and retired from Moore Dairies, Lancaster, as office manager. She enjoyed traveling and crocheting and many crafts.
Surviving are daughters: Doris J., wife of Donald Hevener, of Lititz; Nancy J., wife of Lester Farmer, of Wyomissing; and a niece: Carol Hanley, of Kentucky; nine grandchildren; and many great- grandchildren.
She was predeceased by sons: Donald and William G. Canning; and a brother: Edwin Berkhout.
Margaret’s life celebration service was held at Steinman Hall, Moravian Manor, Lititz, on May 26 with Chaplain Richard Thierolf officiating. Interment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster. Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Margaret, visit lifecelebration.com.