- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Margaret De Simone Morel
98, Luther Acres resident, retired
court clerk, Blind Association volunteer
Margaret De Simone Morel, 98, born in Middletown, Conn. Aug. 16, 1915, passed away Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013 at Luther Acres, Lititz.
She was the widow of Lawrence B. Morel who predeceased her in 1984. A resident of Newton, N.J. for 60 years prior to moving to Lancaster.
She was a graduate of Newton, NJ High School. She worked as a legal secretary for 14 years and during World War II served as Town Clerk of Newton, N.J. and Registrar of Vital Statistics. Later she worked for the County of Sussex, N.J. as a Clerk-Stenographer in the District Court. She retired after 27 years of service as a Special Deputy District Court Clerk.
After retirement, she worked part time as Secretary of Christ Church, Newton. She did volunteer work for the American Cancer Society and worked in the Thrift Shop of St. Joseph’s Church, Newton.
She was instrumental in organizing the Women’s Auxiliary of VFW Post 5360, Newton, and was a Charter Member, and served as president for several years. She was a member of AARP as well as a member of St. Joseph’s RC Church, Newton.
Upon moving to Lancaster, she joined St. John Neumann Roman Catholic Church. She did volunteer work for The Blind Association of Lancaster and also at St. John Neumann Roman Catholic Church.
She is survived by two daughters: Valerie Jones of Stevens and Nancy Strohminger of Baltimore, Md.; five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren as well as several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Dec. 16, 2013 at Newbaker Funeral Home, Blairstown, N.J., with burial following at St. Joseph’s Cemetery, Newton, N.J.