- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
Maitland M. Frank 85, Moravian Manor resident, RCA and F&M employee
Maitland M. Frank, 85, died Sunday, Sept. 2, 2012 at Moravian Manor after a brief illness.
Born in Lancaster, she was the widow of Arthur J. Frank and the daughter of the late Elmer and Esther Aukamp Grill.
Maitland graduated from Manheim Township High School and worked for Franklin and Marshall College in the food services department and also worked at one time for RCA. She was a member of the Church of the Apostles, UCC, and enjoyed going to the casinos, sports, playing cards, bingo, needlepoint and cooking.
She is survived by her two daughters: Cynthia A. Carlock, of Lancaster; and Kimberly S. Meshey, of Columbia; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters: Evelyn Hertzler and Marie Kellenberger; four brothers: Melvin, Chester, Richard and Paul Grill; a step-brother: Lenard Brown; and a granddaughter: Shannon Haines.
Maitland’s life celebration funeral service was held from the Funeral Home of Fred F. Groff Inc., 234 W. Orange Street, Lancaster, Sept. 5, with The Rev. Richard W. Cowles officiating. Interment took place at Riverview Burial Park.
To share a fond memory of Maitland, visit lifecelebration.com.