- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Maitland M. Frank 85, Moravian Manor resident, RCA and F&M employee
Maitland M. Frank, 85, died Sunday, Sept. 2, 2012 at Moravian Manor after a brief illness.
Born in Lancaster, she was the widow of Arthur J. Frank and the daughter of the late Elmer and Esther Aukamp Grill.
Maitland graduated from Manheim Township High School and worked for Franklin and Marshall College in the food services department and also worked at one time for RCA. She was a member of the Church of the Apostles, UCC, and enjoyed going to the casinos, sports, playing cards, bingo, needlepoint and cooking.
She is survived by her two daughters: Cynthia A. Carlock, of Lancaster; and Kimberly S. Meshey, of Columbia; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters: Evelyn Hertzler and Marie Kellenberger; four brothers: Melvin, Chester, Richard and Paul Grill; a step-brother: Lenard Brown; and a granddaughter: Shannon Haines.
Maitland’s life celebration funeral service was held from the Funeral Home of Fred F. Groff Inc., 234 W. Orange Street, Lancaster, Sept. 5, with The Rev. Richard W. Cowles officiating. Interment took place at Riverview Burial Park.
To share a fond memory of Maitland, visit lifecelebration.com.