- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Mahlon E. Michael 95, master woodworker, born in Lititz
Mahlon E. Michael, 95, of Lititz, passed away Nov. 27, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Raymond and Maude Eitnier Michael and was the husband of the late Ruth Stark Michael.
Mahlon was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Penryn. Prior to his retirement, he was employed at Sensenich, Inc. in Lititz He was a master woodworker who built homes for himself, his mother-in-law and two children. He also crafted Dutch cupboards, jewelry chests and two boats. Mahlon enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He is survived by his sons: Barry L. Michael, husband of Linda, Lititz; Jerry D. Michael, husband of Nancy, Lititz; five grandchildren; eight great grandchildren; and a sister: Polly Snyder of Columbia.
Services were held Nov. 30 at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Penryn, with interment in the adjoining cemetery. Contributions may be made in his memory to St. Paul Lutheran Church.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.
Arrangements entrusted to Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.