- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mahlon E. Michael 95, master woodworker, born in Lititz
Mahlon E. Michael, 95, of Lititz, passed away Nov. 27, 2012 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Raymond and Maude Eitnier Michael and was the husband of the late Ruth Stark Michael.
Mahlon was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Penryn. Prior to his retirement, he was employed at Sensenich, Inc. in Lititz He was a master woodworker who built homes for himself, his mother-in-law and two children. He also crafted Dutch cupboards, jewelry chests and two boats. Mahlon enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He is survived by his sons: Barry L. Michael, husband of Linda, Lititz; Jerry D. Michael, husband of Nancy, Lititz; five grandchildren; eight great grandchildren; and a sister: Polly Snyder of Columbia.
Services were held Nov. 30 at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Penryn, with interment in the adjoining cemetery. Contributions may be made in his memory to St. Paul Lutheran Church.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.
Arrangements entrusted to Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.