- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mabert C. Mellinger 89, registered nurse, grandmother and avid reader
Mabert C. Mellinger, 89, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, March 15, 2014, at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Lancaster to the late William and Miriam (Hipple) Carter and was the wife of the late Richard E. Mellinger.
Mabert graduated from Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing in 1945. She worked at LancasterGeneralHospital and EphrataCommunityHospital as an RN and private duty nurse. Mabert enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was a member of HolyTrinityLutheranChurch, Ephrata, a member of Golden Years Club, an avid reader and enjoyed playing cards.
Mabert is survived by a son: Kenneth R. Mellinger of Ephrata; daughter: Suzanne E., wife of Lew K. Bachman of Newmanstown; two grandchildren: Kenneth Richard Mellinger, Jr., Charles N. Mellinger; three great-grandchildren: Alayna K. Mellinger; Carine L. Mellinger, Gabriel C. Mellinger; brother: Robert S. Carter of Lebanon; and a companion: Walter Schload of Lititz.
A viewing will be held on Wednesday, March 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata. An additional viewing will be held on Thursday from 10 to 11 a.m., at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, followed by funeral services with Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Interment will take place in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mabert’s memory may be made to a charity of your choice. Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.