- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mabert C. Mellinger 89, registered nurse, grandmother and avid reader
Mabert C. Mellinger, 89, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, March 15, 2014, at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Lancaster to the late William and Miriam (Hipple) Carter and was the wife of the late Richard E. Mellinger.
Mabert graduated from Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing in 1945. She worked at LancasterGeneralHospital and EphrataCommunityHospital as an RN and private duty nurse. Mabert enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was a member of HolyTrinityLutheranChurch, Ephrata, a member of Golden Years Club, an avid reader and enjoyed playing cards.
Mabert is survived by a son: Kenneth R. Mellinger of Ephrata; daughter: Suzanne E., wife of Lew K. Bachman of Newmanstown; two grandchildren: Kenneth Richard Mellinger, Jr., Charles N. Mellinger; three great-grandchildren: Alayna K. Mellinger; Carine L. Mellinger, Gabriel C. Mellinger; brother: Robert S. Carter of Lebanon; and a companion: Walter Schload of Lititz.
A viewing will be held on Wednesday, March 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata. An additional viewing will be held on Thursday from 10 to 11 a.m., at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, followed by funeral services with Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Interment will take place in the Lincoln Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mabert’s memory may be made to a charity of your choice. Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.