- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mabel V. Hess88, General Sutter cook, Matthew 25 volunteer
Mabel V. Hess, 88, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, July 2, 2011. She had been a guest at Audubon Villa in Lititz for over a year.
Born in Honey Brook, she was the daughter of the late William and Mildred Baen Fillman. She had moved to the Lititz area in 1960.
Mabel had worked as a cook at the General Sutter Inn for 18 years until she retired in 1985. She also cooked at the Audubon Nursing Home. Prior to that, she had worked for Woodstream in the plastics department.
Mabel was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church in Lititz and volunteered at Matthew 25 Thrift Store. Her favorite color was light purple, she enjoyed coffee and watching "her" Phillies.
She is survived by her brother: Jack, husband of Judy Fillman, of Hatfield; along with several generations of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her sisters: Sara Ranck and Eleanor Poper; and her brothers: Clarence, Earl and George Fillman.
Funeral services were held July 8 at Spacht Funeral Home with the Rev. Harry T. Dow officiating. Interment took place in Elverson Methodist Church Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Mabel’s memory to Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, 44 E. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To share your fondest memory of Mabel, visit lifecelebration.com. Spacht Funeral Home in Lititz handled the arrangements.