- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Mabel V. Hess88, General Sutter cook, Matthew 25 volunteer
Mabel V. Hess, 88, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, July 2, 2011. She had been a guest at Audubon Villa in Lititz for over a year.
Born in Honey Brook, she was the daughter of the late William and Mildred Baen Fillman. She had moved to the Lititz area in 1960.
Mabel had worked as a cook at the General Sutter Inn for 18 years until she retired in 1985. She also cooked at the Audubon Nursing Home. Prior to that, she had worked for Woodstream in the plastics department.
Mabel was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church in Lititz and volunteered at Matthew 25 Thrift Store. Her favorite color was light purple, she enjoyed coffee and watching "her" Phillies.
She is survived by her brother: Jack, husband of Judy Fillman, of Hatfield; along with several generations of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her sisters: Sara Ranck and Eleanor Poper; and her brothers: Clarence, Earl and George Fillman.
Funeral services were held July 8 at Spacht Funeral Home with the Rev. Harry T. Dow officiating. Interment took place in Elverson Methodist Church Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Mabel’s memory to Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, 44 E. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To share your fondest memory of Mabel, visit lifecelebration.com. Spacht Funeral Home in Lititz handled the arrangements.