- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mabel S. Diffenderfer
Mabel S. Diffenderfer, 84, of Manheim passed away Monday, March 3, 2014 at Luther Acres, Lititz.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Samuel H. and Daisy Shenk Shelly. She was the loving wife of Charles M. Diffenderfer and they would have celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary in April. Mabel was a member of Ruhl’s United Methodist Church, Manheim. She enjoyed flower gardening, collecting Longaberger baskets and roosters.
Surviving in addition to her husband is a daughter: Linda Benkendorf of Manheim; and a brother: Samuel S. husband of Carolyn Shelly of Lititz.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Benjamin and Daniel Shelly.
Services were held March 7 at Buch Funeral Home, Manheim. Interment in Ruhl’s -United Methodist Cemetery, Rapho Township. Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Mabel’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Buch Funeral Home, Manheim.