- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Mabel R. Newman, 95, seamstress at Hesteco
Mabel R. Newman, 95, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, June 14, 2013, at Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Earl Township to the late Martin and Elizabeth (Wenger) Redcay and was the wife of the late Raymond H. Newman.
Mabel was a member of Hope United Methodist Church. She worked as a seamstress for the former Hesteco, Inc., Ephrata, until her retirement in 1981, She was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of Northern Lancaster County Sportsman’s Association, VFW and the Garment Workers Retiree Club. She enjoyed bingo, ceramics, embroidery and crafts.
Mabel is survived by a daughter: Elizabeth, wife of Murray Black of Glendale, Ariz.; two step daughters: Linda, wife of Ronald Book of Strasburg and Cathy, wife of Randy Samitt of Lititz; six grandchildren; six step grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; a brother: Isaac Redcay; and a sister: Lillian, wife of Elam Martin.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by a son: Ramon Rudy.
A memorial service was held June 18 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata. Interment took place at the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mabel’s memory may be made to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.