- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Lyle T. Lowry85, WWII veteran, worked at Manheim Auto Auction
Lyle T. Lowry, 85, of Manheim, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011 at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Springboro, he was the son of the late Mills N. and Doris Arlene Eddy Lowry. He was the husband of Elsie M. Barnes Lowry and they celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in September of this year.
Lyle worked as a salesman at the former Kindt-Collins Company and Heinz Flask, Cleveland, Ohio. He also worked for 16 years at the Manheim Auto Auction. Lyle was a member of Grace Brethren Church of Manheim and he proudly served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Surviving in addition to his wife are a daughter: Connie M., wife of Brian M. Weidle, of Manheim; three grandsons: Joseph, husband of Breanne Weidle, Stephen Weidle, and Seth Weidle; and a brother: Robert M., husband of Charlene Lowry, of Surprise, Ariz.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Kenneth W. Lowry.
His funeral service was held at Pleasant View Retirement Community, Hoffer Auditorium, Manheim, on Dec. 23, with Pastors Jeffrey L. Dunkle and Lee R. Damon officiating. Interment took place in Chiques Brethren Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Lyle’s memory to Grace Brethren Church of Manheim, 333 E. High St., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.