- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Lydia C. Watson86, Meals-on-Wheels, Woman’s Club volunteer
Lydia Carmen Watson, 86, of Lititz, went to be with her Lord Friday, Dec. 16, 2011.
She was the wife of Jack S Watson, who passed away in 2010.
Born Jan. 17, 1925, in Connellsville, Carmen was the youngest daughter of Charles L. and Helen V. (nee Mitchell) Kingan.
She graduated from Greensburg High School and the Greensburg School of Beauty Culture. After graduation, she worked in beauty shops in Greensburg and Jeannette before marrying Jack in 1944.
Carmen was active in the Women’s Fellowship of Lititz Moravian Church, Lititz Meals-on-Wheels and the Lititz Woman’s Club.
She is survived by five sons: Richard E., husband of Ann, of Lititz; James S., of Tyrone; Jeffrey R., of Danville; Thomas S., husband of Brenda, of Lititz; and Frederic D., husband of Tracey, of Ephrata; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; a sister: Dorothy, wife of the former Robert W Garland, Esq., of Greensburg; and a brother: Lynn, of Rome, Italy. A brother: Melvin; and a grandson: Aaron preceded her in death.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Carmen’s funeral service from Lititz Moravian Church, 8 Church Square, Lititz, on Dec. 23 at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent in Carmen’s name to Lititz Meals-on-Wheels, 300 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.