- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Luther Martin Gehman
89, WWII vet,Lititz resident,
Luther Martin Gehman, 89, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at Luther Acres.
Born in East Earl, he was the son of the late Samuel H. and Anna Mary Martin Gehman. He and his wife, Marie Mentzer Gehman, celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary on June 12, 2013.
Luther graduated from the former New Holland High School and continued his education at the former Lancaster Business School taking accounting courses.
He retired in 1988 from Armstrong World Industries following 46 years of employment in their accounting department.
Luther served in the U.S. Army during WWII as a tech sergeant. He received the Good Conduct Medal, the Victory Medal and the American Theatre Medal.
He was a member of and served as an elder for Highland Presbyterian Church. He also was a board member and treasurer of Harb-Adult, Inc.
In addition to his wife, Luther is survived by a daughter: Jean M. Grossman, wife of Michael, of Pittsburgh; a son: Donald L. Gehman, husband of Grace Ishmael-Gehman, of Studio City, Calif.; three grandchildren: Adrienne C., wife of Matthew Dugan, Samuel Gehman; Yasmine Gehman and two great-grandchildren: Kara and Alex Dugan. Preceding Luther in death was a sister, Louella King.
Relatives and friends attended Luther’s life celebration memorial service at Highland Presbyterian Church on Sept. 27 with Rev. Dr. Roger Rabey officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Please omit flowers. If desired, memorial contributions may be sent in Luther’s name to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Dr., P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To share your fondest memories of Luther, visit lifecelebration.com.