- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Lois L. Martin82, Rothsville High graduate, Moyer/Gerber employee
Lois L. Martin, 82, of Brethren Village, Lancaster, formerly of Owl Hill, Lititz, passed away and went to her eternal home Thursday, May 31, 2012, at her residence.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Homer E. and Margaret E. Wagner Martin.
Lois was a 1947 graduate of the former Rothsville High School. She worked at Moyer/Gerber, Ephrata, for 49 years and following retirement, she worked at Lancaster Laboratories. Lois was an active member of Otterbein United Methodist Church, Lancaster for 72 years, where she served on many committees and helped with the placing of the paraments. She collected owls and cats; she was an avid bowler and enjoyed the outdoors.
Lois is survived by four brothers: Homer E. Jr., husband of Flora (Adams) Martin, James D., husband of Lucille (Grube) Martin, Kenneth W., husband of Gladys (Sangrey) Martin, and Glenn E., husband of Wanda (Emich) Martin, all of Lititz; and 10 nieces and nephews.
Lois’ life celebration service was held at the Otterbein United Methodist (UM) Church, Lancaster, on June 5 with the Rev. Debra Schreiber officiating. Interment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, memorial may be sent to Otterbein UM Church Memorial Fund, 20 E. Clay St., Lancaster, PA 17603 in memory of Lois.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Lois, visit lifecelebration.com.