- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Linda B. Tobler64, Mac-It employee, entertained as clown named ‘Dot’
Linda B. Tobler, 64, of Lititz, died Friday, April 20, 2012, at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy.
Born in West Chester she was the daughter of Elthera M. "Winnie" Hoopes Barber Shallis and the late Clarence Barber Jr.
She graduated from Conestoga High School in Berwyn and attended Pierce College in Philadelphia. Linda was an accounting assistant for Mac-It in Lancaster for 25 years and an adjustment clerk for Fulton Financial Corporation for 10 years. Linda was a former auditor for Penn Township and a former member of Salem United Methodist Church in Manheim. She attended many classes and conventions for the art of clowning and was a member of the Clip Clop Clown Club of Lancaster. Her clown name was Dot. Very active in Boy Scouts of America, she had been a den leader, cub pack treasurer and cub scout roundtable commissioner. She earned the Wood Badge, the District Award of Merit and the Adult Silver Beaver Award for exceptional service to youth.
Linda is survived by her mother: Winnie, of Luther Acres; her husband of 44 years: George S. Tobler Jr., of Lititz; and her sons: George C. Tobler, of Lancaster; and Scott A. Tobler, of Lititz.
A celebration of Linda’s life will take place at 1 p.m. April 26, with the Rev. Donald E. Zechman officiating, at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home and Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz. Interment will be private.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions may be made to the Lancaster Area Kidney Association, P.O. Box 1446, Lancaster, PA 17604 or to the Pennsylvania Dutch Council of Boy Scouts of America, 630 Janet Ave., Suite B-114, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.