- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Lewis W. Boger Jr.Pleasant View resident, computer specialist
Lewis W. Boger Jr.
Lewis W. Boger Jr., of Pleasant View Retirement Community in Manheim, formerly of Dunn Loring, Va., died Monday, June 13, 2011 at Hershey Medical Center.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Lewis W. Sr. and Ethel Heckman Boger.
Lew worked as a computer specialist for the U.S. government. He was a member of Salem United Methodist Church in Manheim.
Lew graduated from Reading High School and received his bachelor’s degree from Albright College; he later attended the University of Connecticut where he obtained his master’s degree. His interests included gardening and ballroom and square dancing.
He was the last of his immediate family.
A funeral service was held in the Hoffer Auditorium at Pleasant View Retirement Community June 18 with Pastor Bill Melone officiating. Interment took place in Laureldale Cemetery in Reading.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be sent in Lew’s memory to Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545; or Salem United Methodist Church, 140 N. Penn St., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send online condolences to the family, visit buchfuneral.com. Buch Funeral Home, Inc. in Manheim handled the arrangements.