- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Lewis W. Boger Jr.Pleasant View resident, computer specialist
Lewis W. Boger Jr.
Lewis W. Boger Jr., of Pleasant View Retirement Community in Manheim, formerly of Dunn Loring, Va., died Monday, June 13, 2011 at Hershey Medical Center.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Lewis W. Sr. and Ethel Heckman Boger.
Lew worked as a computer specialist for the U.S. government. He was a member of Salem United Methodist Church in Manheim.
Lew graduated from Reading High School and received his bachelor’s degree from Albright College; he later attended the University of Connecticut where he obtained his master’s degree. His interests included gardening and ballroom and square dancing.
He was the last of his immediate family.
A funeral service was held in the Hoffer Auditorium at Pleasant View Retirement Community June 18 with Pastor Bill Melone officiating. Interment took place in Laureldale Cemetery in Reading.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be sent in Lew’s memory to Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545; or Salem United Methodist Church, 140 N. Penn St., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send online condolences to the family, visit buchfuneral.com. Buch Funeral Home, Inc. in Manheim handled the arrangements.