- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Lester H. Young77, dog law supervisor
Lester H. Young
Lester H. Young, 77, of Lititz, died Sunday, June 19, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Penn Township, he was a son of the late Phares B. and Anna M. (Hagey) Young.
A graduate of Penn Manor High School, Lester was employed for many years as a Lancaster County dog law supervisor with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and J.C. Snavely & Son in Lancaster.
Lester was a director and board member of the Humane League of Lancaster County. He also enjoyed woodworking, playing golf and reading.
Surviving is a son: Jeffrey A., husband of Nancy L. Diller Young, of Columbia; daughter: Lori Ann, wife of Timothy Kelly, of Ephrata; three grandchildren; his longtime companion with whom he resided: Jean F. Barnhart; her four children and 13 grandchildren; and brother: Wallace H. Young, of Lancaster.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Gayle, Vernon and Arthur.
Funeral services will be held June 23 at 8 p.m. at Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre in Reamstown with Pastor Clyde M. Hollinger officiating. A viewing will be held from 6 to 8. Private inurnment will take place in Hernley’s Cemetery.
Rather than flowers, contributions remembering Les may be sent to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.