- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Lester H. Young77, dog law supervisor
Lester H. Young
Lester H. Young, 77, of Lititz, died Sunday, June 19, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Penn Township, he was a son of the late Phares B. and Anna M. (Hagey) Young.
A graduate of Penn Manor High School, Lester was employed for many years as a Lancaster County dog law supervisor with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and J.C. Snavely & Son in Lancaster.
Lester was a director and board member of the Humane League of Lancaster County. He also enjoyed woodworking, playing golf and reading.
Surviving is a son: Jeffrey A., husband of Nancy L. Diller Young, of Columbia; daughter: Lori Ann, wife of Timothy Kelly, of Ephrata; three grandchildren; his longtime companion with whom he resided: Jean F. Barnhart; her four children and 13 grandchildren; and brother: Wallace H. Young, of Lancaster.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Gayle, Vernon and Arthur.
Funeral services will be held June 23 at 8 p.m. at Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre in Reamstown with Pastor Clyde M. Hollinger officiating. A viewing will be held from 6 to 8. Private inurnment will take place in Hernley’s Cemetery.
Rather than flowers, contributions remembering Les may be sent to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.