- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Lester H. Young77, dog law supervisor
Lester H. Young
Lester H. Young, 77, of Lititz, died Sunday, June 19, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Penn Township, he was a son of the late Phares B. and Anna M. (Hagey) Young.
A graduate of Penn Manor High School, Lester was employed for many years as a Lancaster County dog law supervisor with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and J.C. Snavely & Son in Lancaster.
Lester was a director and board member of the Humane League of Lancaster County. He also enjoyed woodworking, playing golf and reading.
Surviving is a son: Jeffrey A., husband of Nancy L. Diller Young, of Columbia; daughter: Lori Ann, wife of Timothy Kelly, of Ephrata; three grandchildren; his longtime companion with whom he resided: Jean F. Barnhart; her four children and 13 grandchildren; and brother: Wallace H. Young, of Lancaster.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Gayle, Vernon and Arthur.
Funeral services will be held June 23 at 8 p.m. at Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre in Reamstown with Pastor Clyde M. Hollinger officiating. A viewing will be held from 6 to 8. Private inurnment will take place in Hernley’s Cemetery.
Rather than flowers, contributions remembering Les may be sent to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.