- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Leona Gosnell Ogden 89, Travis Mills retiree, Lancaster Treasure Hunters Club member
Leona Gosnell Ogden, 89, of Lititz, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Greenville, S.C., she was the daughter of the late Walter and Rebecca Tucker Gosnell, and the loving wife of Leon Ogden, for 37 years.
Leona was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Lancaster Treasure Hunters Club. She retired from Travis Mills and later was caregiver for many of her friends. She and her husband enjoyed leather working and they made guitar straps, wallets, belts and handbags. Her niece was the same as a daughter to her, her neighbors were like family to her, and their children were her grandchildren. Everyone who knew her was blessed by her love.
Leona is survived by two stepsons: John Hershey, Jr. and Bill Hershey; niece: Peggy Nalley and two half-sisters: Dot Lock and Betty Crews of Greenville, S.C. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her late husband: John Hershey, five brothers and one sister.
Family and friends attended her funeral service at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lititz, on Feb. 14 with the Rev. James R. Gable, Jr. officiating. Interment was in Machpaleh Lutheran Cemetery, Lititz.
Contributions in memory of Leona may be sent to St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 200 W. Orange St. Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.