- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Leon E. Seibert93, Grace Church deacon
Leon E. Seibert, 93, of Manheim, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Friday, March 16, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County Mount Joy.
Born in Clay Township, he was the son of the late John F. and Lillie Eberly Seibert. He was the loving husband Mary Brehm Seibert and they would have celebrated 62 years of marriage this May.
Retired in 1983, Leon was a foreman at the former Alumax, Lancaster, for 31 years. He was an active and faithful member at Grace Church of Lititz where he was a trustee for many years and a deacon. Leon was also a member of Lexington Rod and Gun Club, Lititz. His interests included hunting, gardening and attending auctions.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three children: Donald, husband of Donna Weitzel Long, of Manheim; Carol, wife of Maurice Benn, of Lititz; and Robert, husband of Liza Atridge Seibert, of Midlothian, Va.; eight grandchildren: Ronald, Barry, Lisa, Troy, Tiffany, David, Daniel and Laura; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers: John Seibert and Calvin, husband of Barbara Fritz Seibert, both of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: Edwin, Chester, Clyde and Paul Seibert.
His funeral service was held at Grace Church of Lititz with Pastor William C. Willard officiating. Interment took place in Brickerville Emmanuel Lutheran Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Leon’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster PA 17604-4125. To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.