- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Leon E. Seibert93, Grace Church deacon
Leon E. Seibert, 93, of Manheim, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Friday, March 16, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County Mount Joy.
Born in Clay Township, he was the son of the late John F. and Lillie Eberly Seibert. He was the loving husband Mary Brehm Seibert and they would have celebrated 62 years of marriage this May.
Retired in 1983, Leon was a foreman at the former Alumax, Lancaster, for 31 years. He was an active and faithful member at Grace Church of Lititz where he was a trustee for many years and a deacon. Leon was also a member of Lexington Rod and Gun Club, Lititz. His interests included hunting, gardening and attending auctions.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three children: Donald, husband of Donna Weitzel Long, of Manheim; Carol, wife of Maurice Benn, of Lititz; and Robert, husband of Liza Atridge Seibert, of Midlothian, Va.; eight grandchildren: Ronald, Barry, Lisa, Troy, Tiffany, David, Daniel and Laura; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers: John Seibert and Calvin, husband of Barbara Fritz Seibert, both of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: Edwin, Chester, Clyde and Paul Seibert.
His funeral service was held at Grace Church of Lititz with Pastor William C. Willard officiating. Interment took place in Brickerville Emmanuel Lutheran Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Leon’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster PA 17604-4125. To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.