- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Leah Jane Painter 82, assistant preschool teacher for Berks Co. IU-13, musician, singer
She was born in Warwick Township to the late John and Minnie Sensenich Becker. Leah’s husband, John A. Painter, died in 2008.
A graduate of Rothsville High School, she attended Penn State University and Lancaster School of Modeling. Leah was a caring assistant preschool teacher for Berks Country IU-13, where she loved to celebrate holidays with students. She was a former member, pianist and soloist at Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Rothsville, and St. John’s Lutheran Church, Reading, and recently attended Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Lancaster. An artistic lover of theatre, opera and music, Leah studied music with Catherine Breedy and sang with Ephrata Cloister Chorus and Herman Miller Singers of Reading. She collected and loved wearing hats, and enjoyed gardening, floral design and photography.
Surviving Leah are her son: Matthew Zimmerman, Millersville; sister: Anna Mary Bowman, Luther Acres; brother: Graybill Becker (Shirley), Lititz and nephews: Barry Becker, Lititz and Jay Bowman (Rachel), Manheim. Her brother, J. Arnold Becker, preceded Leah in death.
A funeral was held Feb. 21, 2014, at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Memorial Contributions may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.