- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Leah Jane Painter 82, assistant preschool teacher for Berks Co. IU-13, musician, singer
She was born in Warwick Township to the late John and Minnie Sensenich Becker. Leah’s husband, John A. Painter, died in 2008.
A graduate of Rothsville High School, she attended Penn State University and Lancaster School of Modeling. Leah was a caring assistant preschool teacher for Berks Country IU-13, where she loved to celebrate holidays with students. She was a former member, pianist and soloist at Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Rothsville, and St. John’s Lutheran Church, Reading, and recently attended Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Lancaster. An artistic lover of theatre, opera and music, Leah studied music with Catherine Breedy and sang with Ephrata Cloister Chorus and Herman Miller Singers of Reading. She collected and loved wearing hats, and enjoyed gardening, floral design and photography.
Surviving Leah are her son: Matthew Zimmerman, Millersville; sister: Anna Mary Bowman, Luther Acres; brother: Graybill Becker (Shirley), Lititz and nephews: Barry Becker, Lititz and Jay Bowman (Rachel), Manheim. Her brother, J. Arnold Becker, preceded Leah in death.
A funeral was held Feb. 21, 2014, at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Memorial Contributions may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.