- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Leah Jane Painter 82, assistant preschool teacher for Berks Co. IU-13, musician, singer
She was born in Warwick Township to the late John and Minnie Sensenich Becker. Leah’s husband, John A. Painter, died in 2008.
A graduate of Rothsville High School, she attended Penn State University and Lancaster School of Modeling. Leah was a caring assistant preschool teacher for Berks Country IU-13, where she loved to celebrate holidays with students. She was a former member, pianist and soloist at Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Rothsville, and St. John’s Lutheran Church, Reading, and recently attended Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Lancaster. An artistic lover of theatre, opera and music, Leah studied music with Catherine Breedy and sang with Ephrata Cloister Chorus and Herman Miller Singers of Reading. She collected and loved wearing hats, and enjoyed gardening, floral design and photography.
Surviving Leah are her son: Matthew Zimmerman, Millersville; sister: Anna Mary Bowman, Luther Acres; brother: Graybill Becker (Shirley), Lititz and nephews: Barry Becker, Lititz and Jay Bowman (Rachel), Manheim. Her brother, J. Arnold Becker, preceded Leah in death.
A funeral was held Feb. 21, 2014, at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Memorial Contributions may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.