- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Leah Jane Painter 82, assistant preschool teacher for Berks Co. IU-13, musician, singer
She was born in Warwick Township to the late John and Minnie Sensenich Becker. Leah’s husband, John A. Painter, died in 2008.
A graduate of Rothsville High School, she attended Penn State University and Lancaster School of Modeling. Leah was a caring assistant preschool teacher for Berks Country IU-13, where she loved to celebrate holidays with students. She was a former member, pianist and soloist at Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Rothsville, and St. John’s Lutheran Church, Reading, and recently attended Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Lancaster. An artistic lover of theatre, opera and music, Leah studied music with Catherine Breedy and sang with Ephrata Cloister Chorus and Herman Miller Singers of Reading. She collected and loved wearing hats, and enjoyed gardening, floral design and photography.
Surviving Leah are her son: Matthew Zimmerman, Millersville; sister: Anna Mary Bowman, Luther Acres; brother: Graybill Becker (Shirley), Lititz and nephews: Barry Becker, Lititz and Jay Bowman (Rachel), Manheim. Her brother, J. Arnold Becker, preceded Leah in death.
A funeral was held Feb. 21, 2014, at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Memorial Contributions may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.