- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Lawrence Van Brookhoven, Jr. 67, John R. Helter Memorial Award recipient
Lawrence "Larry" Van Brookhoven, Jr., age 67, of Lititz, entered into Heaven on Jan. 15, 2013. Born in Lancaster, he is survived by his wife: Charlene; three sons: Jeff, husband of Julie; Cory and Andy; two grandchildren: Samantha and Ian; mother: Anne; and his two sisters: Mary and Nanci. He was preceded in death by his father: Lawrence Van Brookhoven, Sr.
Larry loved his family and was a member of the Lititz Moravian Church. He enjoyed trips to his cabin in Huntington County where he enjoyed fishing and hunting with his three best friends "The Bs." He was a lifelong member of the NRA, a member of the Lititz Sportsmen Association and the Lexington Rod and Gun Club. He was the 1994 recipient of the Lititz’s Sportsmen’s Association’s John R. Helter Memorial Award — an award given for outstanding contributions to conservation. He was also a proud Free Mason. Larry was also an avid Penn State Football and Philadelphia Phillies fan.
Larry’s Life Celebration service was held at Lititz Moravian Church on Saturday, Jan. 19th at 11 a.m. with Rev. Dean R. Jurgen officiating, followed by a private interment at Moravian Cemetery. Family received friends at the church social hall during the luncheon following the service.
Please omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to Lititz Sportsman Assoc., 25 Lititz Run Rd. Lititz, PA 17543 or Lexington Rod and Gun Club, P.O. Box 643, Lititz, PA 17543 in Larry’s memory. Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Larry visit www.lifecelebration.com.