- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Lauren E. Trefny17, Cocalico student-athlete
Lauren E. Trefny
Lauren Elizabeth Trefny, 17, of Denver, passed away Friday, July 22, 2011 in West Reading.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of Paul and Terry A. (Schmaldienst) Trefny, of Denver.
Lauren would have been a senior at Cocalico High School this year and recently returned as an exchange student in Germany. She was a member of the Cocalico Cross- Country Team and the Leo Club and was involved in school plays, concert band and in TV production at school. She enjoyed writing, was an avid reader and aspired to be an English teacher. Lauren was a Gift of Life Donor.
Also surviving are her brother: Andrew J. Trefny, of Denver; her maternal grandparents: Walter and Irene (Laufick) Schmaldienst, of Allentown; her paternal grandparents: Scott and Jeanette (Harkins) Trefny, of Lititz; and her paternal great-grandparents: John and Gladys (Glace) Trefny, of Lititz.
A memorial service will be held July 29 at 7 p.m. at Ephrata Community Church, 70 Clay School Road, Ephrata, with Rev. Kevin Eshelman officiating. There will be a time of fellowship following the memorial service. The family would prefer memorial contributions in Lauren’s memory be made to the Ephrata Public Library, 550 S. Reading Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.