- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
Laura K. Landis 86, Brunnerville native
Laura K. Landis, 86, of Denver, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, at Lancashire Hall.
She was born in Brunnerville to the late Norman and Mabel Steely, and was the wife of the late Leroy "Schmirk" Landis, Sr., who died in 2003.
Laura is survived by her sons: Gordon Lee Steely of Grantville; Leroy Jr., husband of Deborah (Gockley) Landis of Denver; Donald, husband of Sally (Ritter) Landis of Reinholds; nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was the last of her immediate family, several brothers and sisters preceded her in death.
A viewing was held on Jan. 14 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home in Denver, followed by a funeral service with Pastor Chester Gaither officiating. Interment took place at the Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Laura’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, formerly Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.