- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Larry E. Shultz61, Vietnam vet, Purple Heart recipient
Larry E. Shultz, 61, of Lititz, passed away unexpectedly and went home to be with his Lord Monday, Dec. 26, 2011 at his residence.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Richard and Mary A. Kline Shultz. Larry was married to Lois E. Young Shultz for 41 years on Dec. 12.
Larry was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, serving during the Vietnam War and was a recipient of the Purple Heart Medal.
He worked for NTN-BCA, Lititz, for 37 years as a heat treatment operator. Larry was a member of the Evangel Assembly of God Church, Ephrata. He loved his children and grandchildren and enjoyed listening to oldies music and watching Westerns.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two daughters: Denise, wife of Charles Waters, of Millen, Ga.; Laurie, wife of the late Darnell Pearson, of Columbia; six grandchildren: Arion, Athan, Elijah, Emily, Jordan and Faith; a brother: Richard Shultz, of Lancaster; a sister: Patricia Dawber, of Hickory, N.C.; an aunt: Lucille, wife of Guy Keemer, of Hellam; mother-in-law: Elizabeth Young, of Ephrata; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Larry’s life celebration service was held at Speedwell Heights Brethren in Christ Church, Lititz, on Dec. 30. Military honors were rendered by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to Lebanon VA Medical Center, c/o Voluntary Services Substance Abuse Program, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Larry, visit lifecelebration.com.