- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Larry E. Shultz61, Vietnam vet, Purple Heart recipient
Larry E. Shultz, 61, of Lititz, passed away unexpectedly and went home to be with his Lord Monday, Dec. 26, 2011 at his residence.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Richard and Mary A. Kline Shultz. Larry was married to Lois E. Young Shultz for 41 years on Dec. 12.
Larry was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, serving during the Vietnam War and was a recipient of the Purple Heart Medal.
He worked for NTN-BCA, Lititz, for 37 years as a heat treatment operator. Larry was a member of the Evangel Assembly of God Church, Ephrata. He loved his children and grandchildren and enjoyed listening to oldies music and watching Westerns.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two daughters: Denise, wife of Charles Waters, of Millen, Ga.; Laurie, wife of the late Darnell Pearson, of Columbia; six grandchildren: Arion, Athan, Elijah, Emily, Jordan and Faith; a brother: Richard Shultz, of Lancaster; a sister: Patricia Dawber, of Hickory, N.C.; an aunt: Lucille, wife of Guy Keemer, of Hellam; mother-in-law: Elizabeth Young, of Ephrata; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Larry’s life celebration service was held at Speedwell Heights Brethren in Christ Church, Lititz, on Dec. 30. Military honors were rendered by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to Lebanon VA Medical Center, c/o Voluntary Services Substance Abuse Program, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Larry, visit lifecelebration.com.