- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Larry C. Grossman
78, U.S. Army, Wilbur Chocolate retiree
Larry C. Grossman, 78, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, Nov. 9. at the Lancaster General Hospital following a short illness. Born in Lancaster and a lifelong area resident, he was the son of the late Charles and Elsie Batzer Grossman.
A 1953 graduate of Manheim Township High School, he served with the United States Army from 1958 through 1964. Larry worked for many years with the Wilbur Chocolate Company in Lititz until he retired in the late 1980s. Larry enjoyed being outdoors and was an avid hunter.
Larry is survived by his nieces: Mary Bogut of Vienna, Va. and Lou Lankert of Oreland and his nephews: Matthew Sandford of Orlando, Fla. and Michael Mumma of Annapolis, Md. as well as four great nieces and three great nephews. He was preceded in death by his three sisters: Madelyn Grossman, Violet Mumma and Julianne Sandford.
A Life Celebration Graveside Service will be held at Long’s Memorial United Methodist Church Cemetery, Nov. 22 at 3 p.m., Neffsville, with the Rev. Debra J. Schreiber officiating.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Larry’s memory to Otterbein United Methodist Church, 20 East Clay St. Lancaster, PA 17602.
To share a fond memory of Larry, visit lifecelebration.com.