- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Victims of July 4 fire
David W. Kuhns, 51, Crystal L. (Kohl) Kuhns, 41, and their children — Skyler M., 8, Shawn A., 6, Mickie J., 4, and Cordail W., 2 — of Lititz, entered into rest as a result of injuries received in a fire Thursday, July 4, 2013 in Lancaster City.
David worked as a plumber. He was born in Lancaster, the son of the late Daniel C. Zook and Ellen L. (Ruth) Becker.
Crystal was a homemaker. She was born in Lancaster, the daughter of Frederick P. Kohl, of Lancaster, and the late Ruth N. (Becker) Kohl.
All the children were born in Lancaster. Skyler and Shawn attended Ephrata Elementary School. Mickie attended a head start program, and Cordail enjoyed cars, trucks and spending time with Mommy.
David is survived by two daughters: Zabrina and Willow; seven grandchildren; six siblings: Rose M. (Patrick) Cosgrove, John R., Richard C. (Donna), Charles L. (Beverly) Kuhns, Candy L. (Guy) Dillon and James L. Zook.
Crystal is survived by seven siblings: Leon W. (Keesha) Becker, Frederick P. Jr., John W. (Terrie), Robert V., Douglas W., Mary D. and April L. (Willie) Kohl, and a large extended family and caring friends.
The Kuhns and Kohl families would like to express their gratitude and appreciation to the Lancaster City Fire, Police, EMS, and the staff at LGH and Crozer-Chester Burn Center for their care and concern shown during this tragic time.
A celebration of life service for the family was held at the Millersville Mennonite Church on July 16; interment was in the adjoining cemetery. Memorial remembrances can be made to the Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home for the Kuhns Family to help defray costs.