- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Kenneth R. Trout88, WWII Marine Corps veteran, avid golfer and Phillies fan
Kenneth R. Trout, 88, formerly of Wyomissing, died Saturday, June 9, 2012 at Landis Homes, Lititz.
His wife, Myrtle D. (Dries) Trout, passed away in 1996.
Born in Muhlenberg Township, he was a son of the late William E. and Jenny (Lutz) Trout. Ken was a 1942 graduate of Muhlenberg High School.
He worked for Edward A. Reider Construction Company, Reading for 10 years and then was a plant supervisor for the former Prestolite Batteries Division of Allied Signal Corp. for 31 years, retiring in 1985.
Ken was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, serving in WWII and was a life member of the Marine Corps League. He was also a member of Good Shepherd U.C.C., Laureldale and the Goodwill Beneficial Association. Ken was an avid golfer and bowler and enjoyed watching Phillies games on TV. He was a loving father and grandfather and will be dearly missed.
He is survived by his son: Dr. Todd K., husband of Laura Trout, Lititz. Also surviving is his sister: Doris Hetrich, Leesport; and his granddaughter: Emma J. Trout. He was predeceased by his siblings: Naomi Chrisman, Ruth Weber and Edward Trout.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at Walter R. Christ Funeral Home, Laureldale. A viewing will be held 9:30 to 10 a.m. in the funeral home. Burial will be in Laureldale Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Good Shepherd U.C.C. Building Fund, 170 Tuckerton Road, Reading, PA 19605. Record online condolences at christfuneralhome.com.