- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Kenneth R. Trout88, WWII Marine Corps veteran, avid golfer and Phillies fan
Kenneth R. Trout, 88, formerly of Wyomissing, died Saturday, June 9, 2012 at Landis Homes, Lititz.
His wife, Myrtle D. (Dries) Trout, passed away in 1996.
Born in Muhlenberg Township, he was a son of the late William E. and Jenny (Lutz) Trout. Ken was a 1942 graduate of Muhlenberg High School.
He worked for Edward A. Reider Construction Company, Reading for 10 years and then was a plant supervisor for the former Prestolite Batteries Division of Allied Signal Corp. for 31 years, retiring in 1985.
Ken was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, serving in WWII and was a life member of the Marine Corps League. He was also a member of Good Shepherd U.C.C., Laureldale and the Goodwill Beneficial Association. Ken was an avid golfer and bowler and enjoyed watching Phillies games on TV. He was a loving father and grandfather and will be dearly missed.
He is survived by his son: Dr. Todd K., husband of Laura Trout, Lititz. Also surviving is his sister: Doris Hetrich, Leesport; and his granddaughter: Emma J. Trout. He was predeceased by his siblings: Naomi Chrisman, Ruth Weber and Edward Trout.
Services will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at Walter R. Christ Funeral Home, Laureldale. A viewing will be held 9:30 to 10 a.m. in the funeral home. Burial will be in Laureldale Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Good Shepherd U.C.C. Building Fund, 170 Tuckerton Road, Reading, PA 19605. Record online condolences at christfuneralhome.com.