- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Kenneth E. Dornes 69, born in Lititz, U.S. Navy veteran
Kenneth E. Dornes, 69, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to V. Jane (Furlow) Dornes, of Lititz, and the late Richard C. Dornes and was the husband of Gerry (Ecenrode) Dornes.
Kenneth was a member of Bergstrasse Lutheran Church and served in the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his wife and parents, Kenneth is survived by a son: Andrew, husband of Dawn (Encle) Dornes, of Terre Hill.
Funeral services held Oct. 9 at Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Jeffrey Martin officiating. Interment will take place in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery, Ephrata Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Ken’s memory may be made to the Bergstrasse Lutheran Church, 9 Hahnstown Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.