- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Kenneth E. Dornes 69, born in Lititz, U.S. Navy veteran
Kenneth E. Dornes, 69, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to V. Jane (Furlow) Dornes, of Lititz, and the late Richard C. Dornes and was the husband of Gerry (Ecenrode) Dornes.
Kenneth was a member of Bergstrasse Lutheran Church and served in the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his wife and parents, Kenneth is survived by a son: Andrew, husband of Dawn (Encle) Dornes, of Terre Hill.
Funeral services held Oct. 9 at Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Jeffrey Martin officiating. Interment will take place in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery, Ephrata Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Ken’s memory may be made to the Bergstrasse Lutheran Church, 9 Hahnstown Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.