- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Kenneth B. Hertzog 66, Manheim Auto Auction employee
Kenneth B. Hertzog, 66, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012, at his residence.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Fred F. Hertzog and Arlene E. (Buch) Hertzog and was the husband of Arlene S. (Hess) Hertzog.
He was a member of the Metzler Mennonite Church, Ephrata. Kenneth was a member of the Ephrata Young Farmers Association and the Cocalico Historical Society. He enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren, fishing, hunting, antique tractors, gardening, toy trains and attending auctions. Before his retirement, Kenneth worked as an excavation supervisor for The Horst Group. He was currently working at the Manheim Auto Auction and was a bus driver for Landis Homes.
In addition to his wife and mother, he is survived by three sons: Kenneth Scott, husband of Kristen (Anselmo) Hertzog of Ephrata, Douglas Kent Hertzog of Lititz, Jason Daniel, husband of Rebecca (Burkholder) Hertzog of Brownstown; a daughter: Jessica Kim Williams; a sister: Nancy B., wife of Leon N. Hurst of Ephrata; and eight grandchildren.
Services were held Dec. 17 at Metzler Mennonite Church, Ephrata with Pastors Nevin S. Horning and Richard Buch officiating. Interment followed in the Metzler Mennonite Cemetery. If desired, memorial contributions in Kenneth’s memory may be made to Metzler Mennonite Church, 515 W. Metzler Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.