- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Kathryn E. Tran 28, election campaign manager
Kathryn Elizabeth Tran, 28, of Landisville, passed away Saturday, Sept. 8, 2012 unexpectedly.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of Nam Vahn Tran and Dawn Khamvongsa.
Kathryn was a 2002 graduate of Manheim Central High School. She also graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania as a political science major and a minor in pre-law. She worked for the elections committee and was a campaign manager. She attended St. John Neumann Catholic Church with her boyfriend, Derek. Kathryn loved spending time with her family.
In addition to her parents, Kathryn is survived by her son: Grady Douglas Bell; her boyfriend: Derek Schnader, of Landisville; a brother: Erik Plank, of Lancaster; a sister: Tiffny Gainer, wife of Bill Gainer, of Lititz; nieces and nephews: Enya, Patrick, Matthew, Emma and Jack; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
She was preceded in death by a cousin: Fred H. Marchand III; and an uncle: Jeff Holmes.
A mass of Christian burial will be held at 11 a.m. Sept. 13 at St. James Catholic Church, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, with Rev. James O’Blaney, C.S.S.R. as celebrant. A viewing will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, and again Sept. 13 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the church. Interment will take place at Witness Park in Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Kathryn’s memory to Susquehanna Bank, 3130 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 for a fund for her son Grady.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.