- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Kathryn E. Tran 28, election campaign manager
Kathryn Elizabeth Tran, 28, of Landisville, passed away Saturday, Sept. 8, 2012 unexpectedly.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of Nam Vahn Tran and Dawn Khamvongsa.
Kathryn was a 2002 graduate of Manheim Central High School. She also graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania as a political science major and a minor in pre-law. She worked for the elections committee and was a campaign manager. She attended St. John Neumann Catholic Church with her boyfriend, Derek. Kathryn loved spending time with her family.
In addition to her parents, Kathryn is survived by her son: Grady Douglas Bell; her boyfriend: Derek Schnader, of Landisville; a brother: Erik Plank, of Lancaster; a sister: Tiffny Gainer, wife of Bill Gainer, of Lititz; nieces and nephews: Enya, Patrick, Matthew, Emma and Jack; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
She was preceded in death by a cousin: Fred H. Marchand III; and an uncle: Jeff Holmes.
A mass of Christian burial will be held at 11 a.m. Sept. 13 at St. James Catholic Church, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, with Rev. James O’Blaney, C.S.S.R. as celebrant. A viewing will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, and again Sept. 13 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the church. Interment will take place at Witness Park in Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Kathryn’s memory to Susquehanna Bank, 3130 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 for a fund for her son Grady.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.