- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Kathryn B. Shreiner 91, born in Warwick Township, retired school nurse
Kathryn B. Shreiner, 91, of Lancaster, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012 at the Glen at Willow Valley.
She was born in Warwick Township to the late Joseph and Florence (Shenberger) Borry and was the wife of the late Jacob W. Shreiner, who died in 2000.
A graduate of the Lancaster Hospital School of Nursing, Kathryn was an RN and school nurse for the Ephrata Area School District for 30 years, before retiring in 1984. She was a member of the Lancaster County Nurses Association and the Ephrata Union Education Association. She also served on the Board of Directors of the Ephrata Area Social Services. She enjoyed bowling, reading, weaving, knitting, serving and loving other people, especially her family.
Kathryn is survived by her daughters: Dr. Barbara S., wife of Richard DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; and Josephine S., wife of Donald Esbin, of Lancaster; a sister: Marion Grube, of Winchester, Va.; three grandchildren: Richard D., husband of Wendy DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; Jeff W., husband of Wendy Esbin, of Pequea; and Dale J., husband of Pamela Esbin, of Cresco; and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Oct. 12 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry Herbener officiating. Interment was held in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Kathryn’s memory may be made to her church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.