- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Kathryn B. Shreiner 91, born in Warwick Township, retired school nurse
Kathryn B. Shreiner, 91, of Lancaster, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012 at the Glen at Willow Valley.
She was born in Warwick Township to the late Joseph and Florence (Shenberger) Borry and was the wife of the late Jacob W. Shreiner, who died in 2000.
A graduate of the Lancaster Hospital School of Nursing, Kathryn was an RN and school nurse for the Ephrata Area School District for 30 years, before retiring in 1984. She was a member of the Lancaster County Nurses Association and the Ephrata Union Education Association. She also served on the Board of Directors of the Ephrata Area Social Services. She enjoyed bowling, reading, weaving, knitting, serving and loving other people, especially her family.
Kathryn is survived by her daughters: Dr. Barbara S., wife of Richard DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; and Josephine S., wife of Donald Esbin, of Lancaster; a sister: Marion Grube, of Winchester, Va.; three grandchildren: Richard D., husband of Wendy DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; Jeff W., husband of Wendy Esbin, of Pequea; and Dale J., husband of Pamela Esbin, of Cresco; and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Oct. 12 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry Herbener officiating. Interment was held in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Kathryn’s memory may be made to her church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.