- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Kathryn Adams 96, homemaker, gardening enthusiast
Kathryn Adams, 96, formerly of Millport, passed away Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at Lancashire Hall, Manheim Township.
She was born in Paradise Township to the late Elmer and Pearl (Dunkle) Kunkle. Kathryn was the wife of the late Earl B. Adams.
Kathryn was a homemaker. She enjoyed gardening, walking, traveling and spending time with her family.
Kathryn is survived by four daughters: Ruth Ann Frankfort, of Dallastown; Kathleen, wife of James Stricker, of Millsboro, Del.; Debra, wife of Jeff Mull, of Brickerville; Sandra Adams, of Denver; nine grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Geraldine Wolf; four brothers: Robert Kunkle, William Kunkle, Albert Kunkle and Ralph Kunkle; and two sisters: Elizabeth Miller and Elsie Wolf.
Funeral services were held on July 28 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata. Interment followed in the Millport Union Cemetery, Warwick Township.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.