- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
June L. Qualls 83, U.S. Dept. of Tourism employee
June Lewis Qualls, 83, of Lititz, formerly of Jacksonville, Fla. and St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, passed away to join her loved ones on Monday, October 1, 2012, at her home.
Born in Rochester, New York, she was the daughter of late Keith B. and Kathryn Williams Lewis and was married to the late Guy Logan Qualls, Jr. and Robert Taylor Brown.
June attended the University of Maryland. She worked for the Department of Tourism in the U.S. Virgin Islands for 15 years as a Public Relations Director and previously was a disc jockey and business manager for a classical music station in Chicago. She was an active Episcopalian in all her churches, currently a member of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Lancaster and previously the Church of Good Shepherd in Jacksonville, Fla. and Chevy Chase, Md. and St. John’s Anglican Church in St. Croix, USVI. An active member of Alcoholics Anonymous, she helped run the Jacksonville Chapter and was a sponsor to many in need. June was a strong advocate for women’s rights and a die-hard Democrat.
June is survived by her son, N. Scott the husband of Sherry Hansel Qualls of Lancaster; and two grandchildren: Nicole Qualls wife of Ian Leeds Doyle of New York, N.Y. and Brent Logan Qualls of Chicago, Ill.
A private service and interment will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in June’s name to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 321 W. Chestnut St., Lancaster, PA 17603 and Alcoholics Anonymous, 630 Janet Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Online condolences may be offered at thegroffs.com. Arrangements by The Groffs Family Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc.