- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Judy Janell Kunkle, 68, rural Lititz mail carrier, drove for Ephrata ambulance, enjoyed gardening
Judy Janell Kunkle, 68, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Aug.3, 2014, at her residence.
Born in Lancaster County, she was the daughter of Minerva (Horning) Good of Ephrata and the late Warren E. Good.
She was a member of the Alive Church, Ephrata. Judy was a rural mail carrier in Lititz, was a former Ephrata ambulance driver, den mother for the Ephrata Boy Scouts, a host mom for exchange children for Lancaster Mennonite High School and she sheltered abused women for 10 years in her home. She loved to garden, garage sale, travel, paint and spend time with her family.
She is survived by a son: Kelly Scott Kunkle of San Clemente, Calif.; two daughters: Krista Jo Kunkle of Manheim, Kara Lauren Kunkle, wife of Stacy Ruffer of Ft. Collins, Colo.; five grandchildren: Bailey Logan, Mitchell Scott Kunkle, Madeline June Kunkle, Ryan Keith Ruffer, Mackenzie Ruffer; a brother: Howard A. Good of Ephrata; two sisters: Ivy Jo Martin of Ephrata and Ginger A., wife of Dale Martin of Denver.
The family will welcome guests on Saturday, Aug. 9 from 4 to 5 p.m., at the Alive Church, 510 Stevens Road, Ephrata, followed by her memorial service at 5 p.m., with Pastor Jack Scandrett officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Judy’s memory may be made to the Heartland Hospice, 3417-C Concord Rd., York, PA 17402 or the American Cancer Society-Lanc. Co. Unit, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.