- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Josephine ‘Jo’ Muth, 89, born in Rothsville, teller at Ephrata Nat’l Bank, enjoyed travel
Josephine “Jo” Muth, 89, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim, and formerly of Myerstown, died peacefully with her family by her side on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at the Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Rothsville, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Kathryn Graybill Zook. Jo was the loving wife of William M. Muth Jr. and they observed their 68th wedding anniversary in April of this year. In her early years Jo was employed as a bank teller for Ephrata National Bank. She was a member of the Myerstown Church of the Brethren. Her interests included traveling and gardening.
Surviving in addition to her husband is a son: W. Michael husband of Patricia Muth of Grand Island, Neb.; two daughters: Debra L. wife of Robert Stoner Jr. of Holiday, Fla., Jennifer S. Muth wife of Robert Donovan of Millersburg; two grandchildren: William Muth of Racine, Wis., Shelby Thieszen of Aurora, Neb.; and five great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death is a brother: Kenneth Zook; and a sister: Elaine Bailey.
Relatives and friends were respectfully invited to attend her funeral service at the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim, on Wednesday, June 25. Friends visited with the family at the funeral home until the time of the service. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family at Middle Creek Church of the Brethren Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent in Jo’s memory to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family on-line condolences, visit BuchFuneral.com. Arrangements by Buch Funeral Home, Manheim.